In a game as inherently adorable as Animal Crossing: New Horizons, there’s nothing quite as special as making Best Friends. Doing so lets you visit your real-life friends’ islands while helping out with some of the gardening, too. These chosen few are granted special privileges that other visitors won’t get, so you’ll need to pick them wisely. If you want to do this with other players, we’ve got all the details on making best friends on Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
How to Become Best Friends in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
To become Best Friends with someone on Animal Crossing: New Horizons, there’s a few criteria you need to fill. Firstly, make sure you have added one another on the Nintendo Switch social menus. If you aren’t friends on the platform, the next steps won’t work.
With that done, boot up Animal Crossing: New Horizons to complete these next steps.
- Head to the airport and talk to Orville. In the following speech menus, select the Play Online option.
- Doing this will unlock the Best Friends app on your NookPhone.
- On this app, you can invite players to your island. You can either select them via the menus, or send a one-time code for them to input.
- When the other players lands on your island or vice versa, they’ll appear in the NookPhone’s Best Friends tab.
- Scroll to your friend, and press Ask to Be Best Friends.
It’s a simple process, but adding them grants greater administrative power on your island. They can do all the activities that you have the power to do on your island – which includes access to the in-game currency, Bells. As such, make sure you definitely trust the person you’re adding. You wouldn’t want to lose all your progress due to a robbery on Animal Crossing.