There are a lot of weapons in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, but not all of them are available to all players. It’s true that firearms and grenades are open to everyone, but certain knives only unlock by purchasing skins. Luckily, basic versions of all of these knives exist in the game. Given the right conditions, you can use CS:GO knife commands to try them all out for free. Here’s how the process works.
How to Spawn Knives in CS:GO Using Knife Commands
To spawn a knife in CS:GO, use the command “give weapon_knife” in the console. Several commands are available to try out any knife you want for free. Just remember that you can’t spawn knives in CS:GO without first enabling cheats.
All in all, the process is simple. First, you need to join an offline match where you can enable cheats. Workshop maps and custom servers should work, but playing offline with bots is easiest. Then, you need to enable cheats, allow knives to be dropped, spawn the blade, and use a final command to pick it up.
First things first, load up a practice map with bots. Once the match has loaded, type “sv_cheats 1” into the console to enable cheats. You may also want to use the command “bot_kick all” to kick any bots out of the match. Then, type “mp_drop_knife_enable 1” into the console. This will allow you to drop held knives.
Once cheats have been enabled, you can use the following commands to spawn any knife you want:
- Bayonet – weapon_bayonet
- Bowie – weapon_knife_survival_bowie
- Butterfly – weapon_knife_butterfly
- Classic – weapon_knife_css
- Counter-Terrorist – weapon_knife
- Falchion – weapon_knife_falchion
- Flip – weapon_knife_flip
- Ghost – weapon_knife_ghost
- Golden – weapon_knife_gg
- Gut – weapon_knife_gut
- Huntsman – weapon_knife_tactical
- Karambit – weapon_knife_karambit
- M9 Bayonet – weapon_knife_m9_bayonet
- Paracord – weapon_knife_cord
- Navaja – weapon_knife_gypsy_jackknife
- Nomad – weapon_knife_outdoor
- Shadow Daggers – weapon_knife_push
- Skeleton – weapon_knife_skeleton
- Stiletto – weapon_knife_stiletto
- Survival – weapon_knife_canis
- Talon – weapon_knife_widowmaker
- Terrorist – weapon_knife_t
- Ursus – weapon_knife_ursus
Use ent_fire command to pick up knives
There’s just one catch to this system, and it’s one you’ll notice immediately. Knife commands in CS:GO only spawn the blade; they don’t actually put it into your hands. In order to pick it up, you’ll need to type this into the console:
- ent_fire weapon_knife addoutput “classname weapon_knifegg”
This command must be repeated every time you spawn a new knife. Luckily, you can combine it with the command for the knife you want to spawn. For example:
- give weapon_knife_push;ent_fire weapon_knife addoutput “classname weapon_knifegg”
This command will spawn a pair of Shadow Daggers and put them directly into your hands. The first part of the command spawns the blades, while the second allows you to pick them up and drop them like any other weapon.
There are 23 different knife commands in CS:GO total, and they can be used to try out all the game’s knives for free. The only real catch is that you’ll have to enable cheats, then use console codes in order to both spawn and pick them up. If you’d like to try out a fun command that works in online play, check out our guide on how to moan in CS:GO. We’ve also got details on how to unlock classic radio commands and expand the game’s radio panel options.