Cyberpunk 2077 has a lot of quests with some more challenging than others, so saving is crucial to ensure that you don’t have to repeat a mission. However, it looks like there is a save file corruption bug causing people to lose access to their save files. But is there a way to avoid having these saving issues during your playthrough? In this guide, you will learn how to avoid this issue so you won’t lose any of your precious saved game data.
How to Avoid Save File Corruption in Cyberpunk 2077
Unfortunately, at the time of writing, there is no way to avoid save file corruption in Cyberpunk 2077 once your file reaches 8MB. There will likely be a future update or that will tackle this problem, but for now, there isn’t a lot anyone can do. To avoid the file corruption, you’ll need to keep the file size below 8MB, so try to keep the amount of inventory, weapons, and crafting materials you have to a minimum if you’re getting close.
Here’s how to check the size of your Cyberpunk 2077 save file, thanks to Reddit user modsharearebattyboys:
- PC: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077
- PlayStation 4: Settings > Application Saved Data Management > SAVED DATA IN SYSTEM STORAGE > Cyberpunk 2077
- PlayStation 5: Settings > STORAGE > [Storage device] >Saved Data > PS4 Games / PS5 Games > Cyberpunk 2077
- Xbox One: My Games and Apps > Cyberpunk 2077 > Menu > Manage Game > SAVED DATA
- Xbox Series X|S: My Games and Apps > Cyberpunk 2077 > Menu > Manage Game and add-ons > SAVED DATA
If you have already gotten the save file corruption error, then this means that you will have to go back to a save that hasn’t been corrupted. This could potentially take you back hours in the story or even make you start a new game completely.
The developers of Cyberpunk 2077 have had a lot of things to deal with since the game’s release, dealing with bugs and glitches. It’s hard to believe that a massive AAA title could be shipped with such a game-breaking bug, but here we are.
For now, we will just have to wait for developers to get a fix out for the save file corruption bug in Cyberpunk 2077. If your files haven’t been corrupted and you need help surviving Night City, here are a few guides: