As you die over and over again, you’re going to start thinking about making a few wise upgrades. Deathloop and its slab system are closely linked, and making good use of each Slab will lead you to victory. However, your upgrades are limited, and it takes a while to get them all. What upgrades are worth going for right away? And, when you get them, what are the best slab upgrades to keep on your person?
What Are the Best Slab Upgrades in Deathloop?
The best slab upgrades in Deathloop come in pairs. You can have two upgrades per slab, so knowing which two to grab is going to be handy in any given hunt. In addition, you’ll also need to know what Visionaries need to die for each slab; kill the same one that had a slab before to get the upgrade for that type.
Best Shift Upgrades
Your Shift slab is by far the best and most important Slab to get. Teleportation lets you move through the town with ease, even getting past enemies. So, making this your priority is actually extremely important. Hunt down Charlie Montague as soon as possible!
- Reach: Boosting the distance of your teleport is great. Better mobility, and faster travel, is great early on so you can see all of the city. Get this early!
- Airborne: Shifting in midair is your go-to mode of travel during combat. Airborne is a slight improvement to your reaction time that can let you assess a situation before making your move.
Best Karnesis Upgrades
Karnesis allows you to fling enemies around like a rag-doll. This power is great offensively and defensively; putting a Visionary into a stun will allow you to secure a kill much easier. Kill Aleksis Dorsey to upgrade Karnesis; he’s in Updaam during the evening.
- Suspension: Suspension sends enemies up, leaving you free to riddle them with holes. Perfect for either keeping an enemy out of the fight or ensuring that your bullets land exactly where you want them to.
- Zone: Area of Effect crowd control lets you worry about one enemy at a time. Use Zone Karnesis after a Shift to take stock of a situation and potentially gun one or two down.
Best Havoc Upgrades
Havoc is a damage and damage resistance buff. You’ll use this in emergency situations; Havoc and Aether are interchangeably important, based on your primary modes of gameplay. For Havoc, take down Fia Zborowska in Fristad Rock during lunchtime.
- Bulwark: When you pop Havoc, it’s because you’re fighting enemies. So, you use this ability to increase the duration of the power. Just, be wary that this will slow you down quite a bit.
- Withdrawal: Gaining energy while fighting is a godsend. Use this in combination with Bulwark to really amp your resources during a fight.
Best Aether Upgrades
Aether is a very, very difficult invisibility to use. You’ll have to use Stealth most of the way to a target, then pop this to cheat just a bit. The upgrades greatly improve the usability of this ability. Egor Serling has the Aether slab, who you can kill in The Complex after noon.
- Flicker: This ability will keep your stealth gameplay consistent. You’ll be able to chain kills together quite well. Arguably, Erase can be more convinient, but you can always take the extra time to hide bodies. Flicker just makes it easier to run!
- Ghost: Ghost lets you assess a bad situation without spending any of your power. It also lets you wait for an enemy to approach you rather than trying to sneak up to any target.
Best Nexus Upgrades
Nexus allows you to take down multiple enemies at once. We found it a little bit tricky to use outside of very specific combat situations, and recommend you farm this upgrade last. Once you do, however, taking down Harriet Morse in Karl’s Bay before Lunchtime.
- Influence: Spread the love! Influence will let Nexus do it’s job for you; you just have to hit the projectile and then your shots. Easy damage, and it will spread fast!
- Parasite: If you’re using Nexus, it’s because a ton of enemies are trying to kill you. Parasite will make that next to impossible, as long as you land your shots.
Deathloop seems pretty promising, despite some issues on PC. Here are some guides and news pieces for you to look at!