Elden Ring is the latest entry in FromSoft’s growing line of Souls-like games. Being an RPG, completing missions and battling bosses will net you XP in the form of Runes, which will help you level up. When you level up, you’ll increase your stats. However, completionists love to finish every part of the game, including making the most powerful character possible. To do that, they’re going to have to reach the max level. So what is the maximum level you can achieve?
What Is the Max Level in Elden Ring?
To reach the max level in Elden Ring, you’ll need to max out all of your base statistics. Each category can reach up to 99, and each increase in stat points counts as one level. Given that all stats can reach up to 99, the game’s theoretical max level is 792. However, each class comes with 80 points pre-allocated to specific attributes. Accounting for starting class attributes, the max level players can achieve in Elden Ring is 713.
Elden Ring has eight stats for the player to level up. There’s Vigor, Mind, Endurance, Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, Faith, and Arcane. Every single one of these stats can be raised from zero, to 99. Depending on which starting class you choose, you will have more or less points allocated to these from the beginning. These will ultimately change the max level cap your character can achieve.
However, whenever you level up in Elden Ring, you’ll have to spend your Runes on one specific stat. That means in order to reach the max level overall, you’ll need to level each stat up from the starting value to 99. Keep in mind that this doesn’t account for other attributes like armor increasing stats, or upgrading your weapons.
All The Stats to Level Up
For those aren’t familiar with what all of the stats do, this is what each one is for:
- Vigor determines how much HP you have, a critical stat to boost if you’re looking to take on bosses without having to be a master of the dodge roll.
- Mind is all about Magic. Want to cast more? Make sure you level up your mind stat. You’ll want this to combat Sleep and Madness. It’s also good for using summoning pools.
- Endurance focuses on Stamina. You use stamina when attacking, sprinting, blocking attacks, and just about every other movement in the game.
- Strength isn’t just used for doing more damage with power scaling weapons, as some weapons won’t equip if you’re not strong enough.
- Dexterity is much like strength, increasing attack damage. For magic users, it also allows you to cast spells faster.
- Arcane is a stat that’s used to raise defense against Holy attacks as well as raise your resistance to Death.
- Intelligence is for primarily for magic users. Incantations and some Glintstone sorcery items are locked behind this stat.
- Faith is the Holy-focused counterpart to Intelligence. It’s used for high-end spells and Dragon-based Incantations.
With all these in mind, you’ll have a lot of work cut out for you if you’re looking to reach level 792! On your journey upward, remember: If you don’t like your build, there are always ways to respec your character.
Since his youth, Cole Travis has been enveloped in the ever-growing gaming industry. From player to writer, Cole's extended experience in gaming news has put him on the map as a valuable source for high-quality and entertaining information. With a passion for everything from FPS to Virtual Reality, there's no game that's outside of his range. On the side, Cole Travis is a writer and a director for independent films.