Escape from Tarkov is well-known for its ruthless FPS gameplay. In between hardcore firefights, players loot everything in sight hoping to find something of value. The Marked Room (Dorm Room 314) is one of the most popular places to loot, but you’ll need a special key to unlock the door. Here is where to find the Marked Key in Escape from Tarkov.
Escape from Tarkov Marked Key Locations
As we mentioned, this is an unforgiving game of luck, strategy, and survival. While some players are capable of surviving with just a pistol, most need better gear for an upper hand. The Marked Room is one of the best places to find such high-end gear.
There are two ways to find the Marked Key in Escape from Tarkov:
- Search every SCAV body
- Check a blue jacket in Shoreline
While each method works, we’d suggest looting SCAV bodies, regardless of the map you are playing, as this seems to be the most efficient way of finding a Marked Key. Consequently, you may need to adopt a more aggressive playstyle to find the key through killing SCAVs.
However, below we have provided instructions to finding the Marked Key in Shoreline as well.
Where to find the Marked Key in Shoreline in Escape from Tarkov
To find the Marked Key in Shoreline, you’ll first need to locate the Cottage Back Entrance Key. Once you do this, you’ll be able to visit the special blue vest located in Shoreline, where you’ll hopefully find the Marked Key.
However, with only a 2% drop rate, the odds are slim, but it’s still worth checking out.
Below are the steps to finding the Cottage Back Entrance Key in Shoreline, which you’ll need in order to visit the potential Marked Key location:
- Follow the road south from the island in the NE corner of the map.
- Enter the villas compound on the SE side of the first intersection.
- There is a pallet of blue containers behind the right-side cottage. The cottage key has a chance of spawning on the container next to the one that is tipped over.
- Once you have found or bought the Cottage Back Entrance Key, go back to Shoreline and return to the cottage with the blue containers.
- Use the key to unlock the back door.
- Inside the cottage, there is a blue jacket hanging up with a 2% chance of dropping the Marked Key.
Due to the low chance of finding the Marked Key in the cottage, we would still recommend looting every SCAV possible. Further, remember, playing as a SCAV makes NPCs initially friendly toward you, making it much easier to get into a position where you can kill other SCAVs.
Additionally, if you use this tactic on Customs at night, you’ll have an even better chance of escaping undetected.
Now that you know where to find the Marked Key in Escape from Tarkov, it’s time to claim your loot!