With Fall Guys becoming an Epic Games Store exclusive, you’d be right to believe it would no longer be fully supported by the Steam Deck. Unfortunately, even if you purchased it on Steam before, it’s not a simple fix to get it onto the handheld device. To play on this game on the Steam Deck, you’ll have to put a bit of elbow grease into it.
How to Download Fall Guys onto Steam Deck
Huge thanks to reddit user u/idlephase for their fantastic post on r/steamdeck explaining each step! In order to download Fall Guys onto the Steam Deck, you’ll have to take the following steps.
- Download the Heroic Bash Launcher. You can use this service to bring games from Heroic to your Steam Library.
- Make sure you have Proton EasyAntiCheat Runtime installed in your Steam Library, so you can play online.
- Install Fall Guys using the Heroic Launcher
- The default folder is “/home/deck/Games/Heroic/FallGuys/” or, for SD cards, “/run/media/mmcblk0p1/Heroic/FallGuys”.
- Run it from Heroic to make the folder.
- Either make a symlink or copy of “/home/deck/Games/Heroic/FallGuys/EasyAntiCheat/easyanticheat_x64.so” and place it into folder “/home/deck/Games/Heroic/FallGuys/FallGuys_client_game_Data/Plugins/x86_64/”
- In “FallGuys_client.ini” within the Fall Guys folder, change the first line to: “TargetApplicationPath=FallGuys_client_game.exe”
- Add Fall Guys to your steam library through the heroic Bash Launcher.
- Open “Properties” on Fall Guys through steam, access Shortcut. Place the following into Launch Options: “PROTON_EAC_RUNTIME=”/home/deck/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Proton EasyAntiCheat Runtime/” %command%”
- If you installed the Proton Easy Anti Cheat into a different folder, that’s fine. Change your folder address so Fall Guys can find where Proton EAC is.
- You’ll need the Epic Online Services overlay if you want to invite friends. Go to the Konsole of the Launcher and enter the following code:
- “flatpak run –command=bash com.heroicgameslauncher.hgl”
- “legendary eos-overlay install –path /home/deck/Games/Heroic/Prefixes/.overlay –prefix /home/deck/Games/Heroic/Prefixes/FallGuys/pfx”
- The last “pfx” can be removed if you’re using a program that is not Proton or GE-Proton to help install the game.
- The game should be able to run!
We hope this helped you to play the new season on Steam Deck! Huge thanks to u/idlephase again for the fantastic tutorial! See more news about Free For All here, and learn how to add friends to your game so you can play with a group of beans!
Jason Toro-McCue has committed his schooling to the study of the connection between game design and narrative. When he's not working on this bond through writing articles or guides, he's playing Dungeons & Dragons, or just playing games themselves and looking at the story there.