The world of Fortnite has forever changed. With the introduction of Chapter 4, players are transported across space to a newly-constructed island. That means new mechanics and locations have arrived, along with the Reality Augments that essentially upgrade your character within a match. How does that work exactly? We’ll guide you through the new feature if you’re just jumping onto the space island in Fortnite.
How to Use Reality Augments in Fortnite
Reality Augments in Fortnite provide certain boosts for you the longer you last within a game. They’ll appear through four intervals during a match, with access to potentially four Augments. Once you see them pop up on your screen, equip the Reality Augmentation Device to select one of two available upgrades. Additionally, you can perform a re-roll if you’re not satisfied with your given augments. Activate the boost, and you’ll be closer to victory.
If you manage to reach the final stages of a match, you’ll soon find yourself wielding four individual augments. Of course, they come in different packages, where it all comes down to how you proceed with a match.
All Available Augments
There are 22 Augments that you can discover by playing Fortnite Battle Royale, Zero Build, or through Team Rumble. They come in four categories: Combat, Game Changer, Mobility & Scouting, and Looting. You’ll receive different Augments with the more that you play Fortnite.
Here are the 22 Augments that you can get in Chapter 4 Season 1:
- Aerialist – Gain the ability to deploy your glider.
- Bloodhound – Enemies hit by your marksman rifle or bow shots are marked briefly.
- Bow Specialist – Bows draw and reload faster and arrows regenerate over time.
- Bush Warrior – Regenerate health and partial shields while inside large foliage.
- Chug Gunner – Receive a Chug Cannon.
- Demolition Munitions – Objects you destroy have a chance to drop explosives. Excludes player-built structures.
- First Assault – The first bullet in the magazine of your assault rifle deals bonus damage.
- Forecast – You can always see the next storm circle.
- Jelly Angler – Receive a Fishing Rod. You can use it to fish anywhere, but you can only fish up Jellyfish.
- Light Fingers – Makes weapons using light ammo reload faster.
- Mechanical Archer – Grants an Explosive and Shockwave Bow.
- More Parkour – Regenerate energy briefly after mantling or hurdling.
- Party Time – Gain Balloons over time.
- Pistol Amp – Pistols have greatly increased magazine size.
- Rifle Recycle – Weapons using medium ammo have a chance not to consume ammo.
- Rushing Reload – Sprinting will slowly reload your equipped Shotgun.
- Soaring Sprints – Able to jump much higher and with lower gravity while sprinting.
- Splash Medic – Offers a chance to find Chug Splash in every container you open.
- Storm Mark – When the storm changes, ping the area to highlight nearby enemies for a short duration.
- Supercharged – Vehicles you’re inside no longer consume fuel and have increased Health.
- Tactical Armory – Grants a Rare Tactical AR and Combat Shotgun.
- Tricked Out – Entering a Car or Truck applies Chonkers and a Cow Catcher to it.
Combat has nine discoverable augments; Game Changer only has two; Mobility & Scouting also comes with nine; Looting is set at two. To check your available augments, open the Quests, Map, and Collections menus. There, you’ll find the new one for Augments. It’ll inform you of which ones you have unlocked. The rest will come through gameplay as you continue to jump onto the Island.
Looking for more Fortnite tips? Look no further than right here!