Grand Theft Auto 5 is one of the most immersive action games out there. In Rockstar’s open-world sensation, you can do anything from go to the theater to play a game of tennis. It’s not too far off a full-fledged life simulator, which has players wondering whether or not you can get a girlfriend. We’ve got on the details on how to find a new romantic partner in GTA 5.
How to Get a Girlfriend in GTA 5
To get a get a girlfriend in GTA 5, you’ll have to seduce a stripper. The process mainly involves paying your chosen girl for private dances in order to increase her love interest. Keep flirting and forking over cash, and eventually she’ll agree to be your girlfriend.
That’s the short version, anyway. In truth, getting a girlfriend in GTA 5 is a more complicated process than it may seem. It involves quite a few steps and a large amount of repetition. At least it’s simple: All things considered, you really just have to repeat the process until it works. Here’s how to do it:
- Firstly, you need to get to a strip club. The main one is in the middle of Los Santos city center. By the end of the game, it’s also a property owned by Trevor, so you can spawn there easily.
- Next, you need to go for a dance with one of the club’s dancers. They’ll usually approach you when you’re on the dance floor and ask if you want to get somewhere private.
- Once your romantic interest is dancing in front of you, you’ll need to follow the ‘Flirt’ command. This boosts the ‘Like’ meter shown at the bottom of the screen. You’ll want to get that as high as you can – but beware of the bouncers. They’ll kick you out of the dance if they catch you behaving flirtatiously.
- Once the ‘Like’ bar is full, your dance partner will invite you outside, then back to her place. Follow the on-screen commands, and when she’s in your car with you, follow the plotted route.
- You’ll then get a risqué cutscene that details your time with your new partner. Your character will wake up the morning after happier than usual, and you’ll have a new phone contact you can use to meet up with your girlfriend again.
That’s all it takes to get a girlfriend GTA 5. Like in real life, your prospective romantic interests will expect sacrifices of your time, energy, and money. Maybe that’s not exactly an ideal representation of love, but it does perfectly align with the GTA series’ delightfully twisted world view.
Luke Hinton is a freelance culture journalist living in Cardiff, Wales. He graduated from Cardiff University with a degree in Journalism, Media and Communications, and currently balances his freelancing work with postgraduate studies. He specialises in film, TV and entertainment writing.