Along with Weird Science, Toaster Repair is perhaps one of the strangest skills in Wasteland 3. It allows you to do exactly as its name suggests — repair toasters — which can often result in some good loot. However, a lesser-known fact about this skill is that if you repair enough toasters, you’ll eventually get a unique Golden Toaster companion. Here’s how to get the Golden Toaster in Wasteland 3.
How to get the Golden Toaster in Wasteland 3
In order to get the Golden Toaster Animal Companion, you must first collect five Golden Toaster parts as well as the unique Golden Hammer. Once you have all five parts and the hammer in your inventory, a new location called The Toaster Repair Academy will appear on the in-game map. Go to this location and you will be able to assemble your Golden Toaster Companion. We also recommend having at least seven or higher toaster repair skill before you set out as some of the toasters may require that number or above.
The Toaster Repair Academy also offers a really nice and strong armor set that is considered by some players to be the strongest in the game. However, before you can get it, you must find all five Golden Toaster parts. Here’s where to find them.
Where to Find All Golden Toaster Part Locations
- Gold Wire: This part is at the Wesson family home in Broadmoor Heights in the kitchen
- Bi-Metallic Gold Alloy Filament: In the central building on a table at Knox Bison Ranch
- Gold Case: On a table at the Hoon family ranch
- Gold Plated Nichrome Wire: At Aspen at the Visitor Lodge
- Gold Plated Hammer: In the vault room at the Little hell location in Aspen
- Golden Micah sheet: At the Paint Mine location inside a run-down RV
To reiterate, you need to grab all five of the toaster parts to unlock the Toaster Repair Academy. Afterward, you can head over to the Academy to build the Golden Toaster and unlock the special armor set and new companion.
We hope this guide helped you out in getting the unique toaster animal companion. Before you jump back into the game, check out some of our other guides for Wasteland 3: