Modern Warfare was one of the most popular online games in 2019, with tons of players hopping on servers at any given time. However, it seems that the Modern Warfare voice chat bug is preventing PC players from hearing each other while in a match. If this is you, you’re probably asking yourself, “Why can’t I hear people in Modern Warfare?” Thankfully we’ve got the answer and a fix for the bug — keep reading to find out.
Why Can’t I Hear People in Modern Warfare?
At the time of writing, it seems that the voice chat bug is mainly affecting PC players and not those on consoles. If you’re not familiar with the bug, players are reporting that they are able to see the voice icons moving, but cannot hear their teammates talking. As you might expect, this is a big issue when you’re trying to work as a team to win a match.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem that Activision has offered an official patch for the bug yet, but some players have figured out a fix. For some, the audio settings weren’t set up properly, which is why you can’t hear people in your game.
To resolve this problem, and fix the Modern Warfare voice chat bug, follow the steps below.
- Locate the speaker icon on the bottom right-hand side fo your screen
- Right-click on the speaker and select “Sounds”
- Open the “Recording” tab, select “Microphone,” and make sure that it is set to “Default”
- Then open the “Playback” tab and make sure that both “Default Device” and “Default Communications Device” are selected
- From there, ensure that the new settings have been saved and then hop back into your game and you should be able to hear other players
Unfortunately, this fix might not work for everyone, but it seems that for the majority of players it has served as a solid temporary solution to the Modern Warfare voice chat bug.
If you need more help with Modern Warfare, check out some of our other guides: