As you begin your NBA 2K22 MyPlayer career, you’ll unlock something called Badge Points along the way. As you collect these, you’ll be able to spend them on different skills for your player. There are a few different categories of badges, but for now, we are going to take a look at some of the best Shooting Badges to unlock for your player.
Best Shooting Badges in NBA 2K22
There are a total of 20 different Shooting Badges that players can unlock in NBA 2K22. Each badge is unique in its own way and might be best for one style of play but not for another. However, all around, the best Shooting Badges are Catch and Shoot, Clutch Shooter, Green Machine, Hot Zone Hunter, Slippery Off Ball, and Volume Shooter.
However, to find the best Shooting Badges for your style of play, you’re going to want to play around with different combinations. For example, if you like to play fast-paced you’re not going to want a badge that rewards being set before your shot. Further, each badge can be upgraded to different statuses by spending more points, which will make them even better.
Below, we’ve got a list of all the Shooting Badges in NBA 2K22. If you’re not sure what one does, be sure to check out our list below so you know how it’ll impact your player.
- Blinders: Jump shots taken with a defender closing out in their peripheral vision will suffer a lower penalty
- Catch & Shoot: For a short time after receiving a pass, the receiver’s outside shooting attributes get a significant boost
- Chef: Increases the range for off-the-dribble three-point shots
- Circus Threes: Stepback threes taken off the dribble receive a boost
- Clutch Shooter: Shot attempts that occur during the final moments of the 4th quarter, or in any overtime period, receive a large boost
- Corner Specialist: Deep mid-range or 3PT shots taken along the baseline of the court receive a boost, whether it is off the dribble or off a catch
- Deadeye: Jump shots taken with a defender closing out receive less of a penalty from a shot contest, includes both mid-range and 3PT shots
- Difficult Shots: High-difficulty jumpers such as hop steps, spins, stepbacks, and pull-ups receive a shot percentage boost
- Fade Ace: Shot boost to post fadeaways taken from any distance
- Green Machine: Gives an additional shot boost when consecutively achieving excellent releases on jump shots
- Hot Zone Hunter: Shots that are taken in a player’s hot zone(s) are given a boost
- Limitless Spot-Up: Boosts the range that one can effectively shoot standing three-point shots
- Lucky #7: Gives a boost to early shot-clock jumpers
- Mismatch Expert: Receive less of a penalty when shooting over tall defenders
- Rhythm Shooter: Increases the chances of a made shot after sizing up your opponent with dribble moves
- Set Shooter: Gives a shot boost after standing still before taking a jump shot
- Slippery Off-Ball: When attempting to get open off screens, the player more effectively navigates through traffic
- Sniper: Jump Shots taken with the aiming stick will receive a boost when aimed correctly
- Stop & Pop: Boosts shot rating on stand-still three-pointers after dribbling
- Volume Shooter: After a player has taken a small handful of shots, an additional boost to shot attributes is given for every subsequent shot, whether it’s a make or a miss
As you can see, there are a handful of different Shooting Badges that players can unlock, and more may be added with future updates. So as you continue your MyPlayer career be sure to try out different combinations to find the best setup for your style of play.
How to Unlock Shooting Badges
To unlock badges in NBA 2K22, simply play games with your player. As you go through the game, you’ll earn Badge Points for your performance. Specifically, to unlock Shooting Badges, you’ll get earn Badge Points for making shots and performing moves like crossovers, step-backs, shooting off screens, and other moves that lead to a shot.