Guide Fall adheres to a 0-10 point review score system, with full and half points. Each number, 1-10, is based on an adjective that we believe adequately describes our experience with the game. You can find each score and the corresponding adjectives below.
- 0 – Terrible
- 1 – Worthless
- 2 – Broken
- 3 – Bad
- 4 – Disappointing
- 5 – Mediocre
- 6 – Decent
- 7 – Good
- 8 – Great
- 9 – Outstanding
- 10 – Beautiful
Now that you’ve seen which adjectives relate to which scores, here’s a quick rundown of their official definitions.
- Terrible – extremely or distressingly bad; sinister; causing or likely to cause terror
- Worthless – having no value, use, or good qualities; deserving contempt
- Broken – having given up all hope; despairing; having been fractured or damaged and no longer in one piece or in working order
- Bad – of a poor quality or low standard
- Disappointing – failing to fulfill hopes or expectations
- Mediocre – only of moderate quality; not very good
- Decent – satisfactory; of an acceptable standard; conforming with generally accepted standards
- Good – to be desired or approved of; having the qualities required for a particular role
- Great – of an extent, amount, or intensity considerably above the normal or average
- Outstanding – exceptionally good
- Beautiful – of a very high standard; excellent; pleasing the senses or mind aesthetically
When a game is reviewed at Guide Fall, we attempt to play it with unbiased eyes and a clean slate, regardless of previous entries or headlines regarding the development/publishing team. Our goal is to give our readers a synopsis of the game, along with a basic understanding of what they can expect from the experience.
We are also excited to share that our reviews are now Open Critic approved! If you have any questions about our review policy, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.