Survival in Stranded Deep will depend on your use of the equipment in your tool belt, which allows you to assign various tools to hotkeys or other buttons in the game. Unfortunately, players are never clearly told how tools to hotkeys. Here’s how to assign items to your Stranded Deep tool belt.
How to Assign Items to Your Tool Belt
Assigning items to your tool belt in Stranded Deep works differently between platforms. In the list below, we’ve got specific instructions for each platform.
- PC: You must equip the item in your hand. When you do, press and hold the hotkey you want to assign to that item until you hear a sound. That sound confirms that the item has been assigned!
- PlayStation4: It gets a little more complicated. You must equip the item then hold down L1, which brings up the tool belt’s quick menu, select a slot with your D-pad, and then press L3 to assign the item.
- Xbox One: It is similar to PS4. You equip the item then hold LT, which brings up the tool belt quick menu. Then, use the D-pad and press the L stick to assign your tool!
However, you’ll want to keep in mind that the tool belt is meant for convenience. It does not expand your inventory space. Even the belt itself requires inventory space. So you’ll need to have an internal debate with yourself if you’re trying to determine if the belt is worth equipping or not. It’s a question of convenience vs. efficiency.
How to Make a Tool Belt
To make a tool belt in Stranded Deep you’ll only need a few materials. However, the materials need will depend on which level of belt you want to craft. We’ve got all the information in the list below.
- Level 1 – 1 Lashing, Opens 1 Hotkey Spot
- Level 2 – 1 Lashing, 1 Cloth, Opens 2 Hotkey Spots
- Level 3 – 1 Cloth, 1 Rawhide, Opens 3 Hotkey Spots
- Level 4 – 2 Leather, Opens 4 Hotkey Spots
As you can see, the better belt you have, the more hotkey options you’ll have available to you. However, it’s worth re-emphasizing that just because you open more hotkey spots, doesn’t mean you’ll get more inventory space. You’ll still have the same level of space available, but with a better belt, you’ll be able to get to your items a little bit easier.
For more Stranded Deep help, check out: