Terraria is a game where inventory space can become a legitimate concern. As you mine, craft, and scavenge, you need to have as much room for items as you can manage. This is especially true as you get to the late game. The number of tools, trackers, and other utilities that you’re going to uncover will become ridiculous. If you truly wish to become the master of tracking, the hero of spelunking, and as safe as possible, there is only one item for you: the Cell Phone. Yeah, it’s actually really good. However, it is a massive chore to put together. We’ll tell you how to put it together so that you can have the best tracking item in the game!
How to Make a Cell Phone in Terraria
If you want to make a Cell Phone in Terraria, you first need a PDA. For that, you’re going to need to craft a GPS, a R.E.K. 3000, a Goblin Tech, a Fish Finder, and a Magic Mirror. These are all combination items that can track basic aspects of Terraria’s gameplay.
This is going to be a multi-step process, but don’t worry! We’ll help you on each step of the way.
First, Craft A PDA
The most complicated aspect of the Cell Phone is the PDA. This is a combination of multiple items. You need the R.E.K. 3000, Goblin Tech, GPS and Fish Finder to make the PDA in Terraria.
Combine these four items at the Tinkerer’s Workshop to make your new tracking item.
This item is made from:
- Radar: Found in chests or fishing crates.
- Tally Counter: Found in the Dungeon.
- Lifeform Analyzer: Purchased from the Traveling Merchant for 5 gold pieces.
Combine these at the Tinkerer’s Workshop – from the Goblin Tinkerer – to get the R.E.K.
This unique item is made from:
- DPS Meter: Traveling Merchant for 5 gold pieces.
- Stopwatch: Traveling Merchant for 5 gold pieces.
- Metal Detector: A common drop from the Nymph, a rare enemy from the Caverns. The Nymph is disguised as a lost girl until you get close.
Combine these at the Tinkerer’s workshop to make the Goblin Tech.
The ultimate fishing item in Terraria – the Fish Finder – is earned through aggressive fishing.
In order to make it, you’ll need the Fisherman’s Pocket Guide, Weather Radio, and the Sextant. These are all rare rewards for completing fishing quests. If you are not getting rewards, make sure you do not have one of the items in your inventory or in your portable storage. You’ll be able to get duplicates if you have all three items, or if you’ve crafted the Fish Finder, PDA, or Cell Phone.
How to Make a GPS in Terraria
This is the most intensive item for the PDA. You only need three items, but they can be a bit of a chore to find.
- Gold or Platinum Watch: Create this at a Table and Chair by using 10 of either Platinum and Chain, or 10 of Gold and Chain. The ore you use is based on your world’s generation.
- Depth Meter: This item is dropped by bats, Salamanders, Giant Shellys, and Crawdads. These are all cavern enemies, though you will not see all of them in any given world. The chance to drop this item is around 1% from any of these enemies.
- Compass: This item is dropped from a ton of enemies, including – Salamanders, Giant Shellys, Crawdads, Piranhas, Mother Slimes, Snow Flinxes, Undead Vikings, and Armored Vikings. The drop rate is low, between 1% and 2%
Once you have all three of these items, you can put them together at a Tinkerer’s Workshop. That’ll make the GPS, the last item needed to make a PDA.
Use the PDA to Make a Cell Phone
The hard part is over. Now that you have the PDA in your inventory, find a Magic Mirror or Ice Mirror. You can loot them from Golden Chests or Frozen Chests in deep caverns. Combine the Magic Mirror or Ice Mirror with the PDA at a Tinkerer’s Workshop to make a Cell Phone.
The Cell Phone displays all statistics that you could possibly imagine. In addition, you can use it to go back home!
Want to learn more about Terraria? You can learn some more here!
- How to Get Turtle Armor in Terraria
- How to Move Storage Units with Terraria‘s Magic Storage
- Valheim and the Survival Game Renaissance
Jason Toro-McCue has committed his schooling to the study of the connection between game design and narrative. When he's not working on this bond through writing articles or guides, he's playing Dungeons & Dragons, or just playing games themselves and looking at the story there.