In The Witcher 3, there are tons of different weapons and armors to choose from, and some require an item called the Monster Feather. However, you may have wondered how to get these feathers, as the game doesn’t really offer a clear explanation. In this guide, we will show you exactly how to find and where to get a Witcher 3 Monster Feather.
Where to Find Monster Feathers in The Witcher 3
A Monster Feather is a crafting component that can only be received by dismantling specific monster parts in The Witcher 3, these parts can be found as dropped loot from Griffins and Harpies. There are a total of five enemy parts that drop Witcher 3 Monster Feathers, which can be seen in the list below.
- Erynia Eye
- Griffin Egg
- Griffin Feather
- Harpy Egg
- Harpy Feather
Harpies and Erynias are humanoid-like bird creatures that are apart of the Hybrid category in The Witcher 3 and are usually found near mountains and cliffs. Griffins and Royal Griffins are also apart of the Hybrid category, a combination of a cat and an eagle, and can be found at a couple of the same locations.
Below is a list of some of the best places to find Hybrids in The Witcher 3.
- Erynias (Skellige, North of Redgil and Kaer Morhenvalley)
- Harpies (Harpy Feeding Ground, Velen near the ruin Lornruk)
- Griffins and Royal Griffins (White Orchard, during “The Beast of White Orchard” contact, and in Velen, Skellige, and Oxenfurt).
What are Witcher 3 Monster Feathers used for?
The Witcher 3 Monster Feather is used to craft several items for your Witcher, like gear, swords, and the special Witcher gear. We have listed all of the items that use Monster Feathers in its recipes in the list below.
- Bolt with Bait
- Precision Bolt
- Tracking Bolt
Witcher Gear and Swords
- Enhanced Griffin Armor
- Enhanced Legendary Griffin Armor
- Griffin Silversword (Mastercrafted)
- Legendary Griffin Silversword (Mastercrafted)
- Griffin Steel Sword (Superior)
- Legendary Griffin Steel Sword (Superior)
- Enhanced Wolven Armor
- Enhanced Legendary Wolven Armor
- Wolven Silversword (Mastercrafted)
- Legendary Wolven Silversword (Mastercrafted)
- Wolven Steel Sword (Superior)
- Legendary Wolven Steel Sword (Superior)
Now that you know how to get a Monster Feather in The Witcher 3, let the hunt begin, and be sure to toss a coin to your Witcher!
Further, if you need help finding Dimeritium, be sure to check out our guide.