Valheim is not happy about holding your hand. You need to find an important ingredient in order to get the recipe for anything… And the most “important” ingredient can sometimes be up to interpretation! The Fermenter is an essential part of late-game Valheim. If you want the best potions, knowing your recipes can be a lifesaver. Because of that, having a handy guide of recipes will be very helpful. And that’s exactly what we’re here for!
Warning: This guide was written in Early Access before any recipes were added to the base game.
Valheim Fermenter | All Mead and Potion Recipes
There are currently eight recipes to craft in a fermenter. These potions are called “meads” in the game, and so you’re basically making alcohol. The meads can be separated into three categories right now.
Once you’ve created a Mead Base with a Cauldron, you need to let it rest in a well-kept Fermenter. This process usually lasts two days. We suggest making a wine cellar of fermenters so you can craft multiple meads at the same time.
- Healing Mead Bases
- Resistance Mead Bases
- Other Mead Bases
Healing Fermenter Recipes
Currently, there are four healing potions in the game. Two of them are for health, and two of them are for stamina. Each of them comes in two forms: The Minor potion heals for less, but rather quickly. The Medium potion heals for a little more, and heals it over a longer period of time. Having a good stock of both potion types is important for difficult boss fights, or raiding Plains villages.
- Minor Healing Mead: Heals for 50 health over a short period of time. Great for quick heals after taking a big hit.
- Recipe: 10 Honey, 5 Blueberries, 10 Raspberries, 1 Dandelion. Not difficult, as long as you’ve been picking berry bushes.
- Medium Healing Mead: Heals for 75 Health over 120 seconds. Good for regenerating health after a dangerous fight, or for pre-drinking before entering a hard encounter.
- Recipe: 10 Honey, 4 Bloodbags, 10 Raspberries, 1 Dandelion. Bloodbags are acquired from the Leeches in the swamp.
- Minor Stamina Mead: Restores 80 Stamina extremely quickly. Great little shot of adrenaline.
- Recipe: 10 Honey, 10 Raspberries, 10 Yellow Mushrooms. Yellow Mushrooms are found in dungeons.
- Medium Stamina Mead: Restores 160 Stamina and increases Stamina regeneration. Can’t be shotgunned like the Minor version, so better for long runs.
- Recipe: 10 Honey, 10 Cloudberries, 10 Yellow Mushrooms. Cloudberries are found all over the Plains biome.
These are specialized recipes, targeting a specific enemy or biome. For example, if you’re wanting to farm Surtling Cores, you might want to drink a Fire Resistance Barley Wine. If you want to explore the swamp, then Poison Resistance might be smart. Going into the mountains? Well, a Frost Resistance Mead might be the only thing keeping you from becoming an ice cube.
- Fire Resistance Barley Wine: Reduces fire damage by 50% and halves the duration of burning for 10 minutes. Not exceedingly important, except for a few enemies.
- Recipe: 10 Barley, 10 Cloudberries. For Barley, you will need to find Fuling Villages to loot.
- Frost Resistance Mead: Reduces frost damage and nullifies the Freezing status for 10 minutes. Perfect for exploring the Mountains.
- Recipe: 10 Honey, 5 Thistle, 2 Bloodbag, 1 Greydwarf Eye. Stock up on a bunch of this if you plan on exploring the Mountains.
- Poison Resistance Mead: Reduces Poison Damage by 50% and halves the duration of the poison condition. Great before fighting a poisonous enemy, especially something like Bonemass.
- Recipe: 10 Honey, 5 Thistle, 1 Neck Tail, 10 Coal. You’re drinking Coal so that your body can’t get poisoned as much. Vikings were metal, man!
There is exactly one other Mead currently in the game that you are able to craft with a Fermenter and a Cauldron: the Tasty Mead. This is a niche little mead base. It’s far from useful, but it’s easy to make, and a fun thing to toast with around a campfire.
- Tasty Mead: Reduces Health Regen by 50% and increases Stamina Regeneration by 300%. Cannot be used while spending stamina. This is not a useful mead, but if you really need to let your stamina regenerate… It’s a bit less expensive than a Potion!
- Recipe: 10 Honey, 10 Raspberries, 5 Blueberries
Interested in more Valheim content? Check out some of our other guides!