Along with character companions, Wasteland 3 allows players to get several different types of animal companions in the game. These furry companions can also give the player some pretty decent passive buffs that vary from animal to animal. That said if you keep reading you will find a list of all animal companions you can get it in Wasteland 3 and more.
List of All Animal Companions in Wasteland 3
Below you will find a comprehensive list of all tamable companions in the game, but to start let’s explain how you can get most of them. In short, you are going to need to have learned the Animal Whisperer Skill which allows you to get the majority of the animal companions, depending on how high the skill level is. To learn it you can either chose it as a new skill or get Jodie Bell as a companion who already has it learned. We recommend the latter option instead of wasting your precious skill points.
Next, you are going to need to level the skill to around five, as this is on average what most of these animals require to tame. However, to tame stronger ones you will need to keep adding points. In addition, some special animals like Polly the Parrot (that talks worse than a sailor) will require around seven points in Animal Whisperer. With that said if you check the list below you will find all of the animal companions in Wasteland 3.
- Party Pal: (Disco robot that is a reward for siding with the Machine Commune in the Denver conflict)
- Cyborg Chicken
- Major Tom: (A cat that wears a cowboy hat that you will encounter early on in the game)
- Polly: (Horrible Parrot that calls you mean names that is found outside the Bizarre)
- Waste Wolf
- Razorback: (You can find this angry porcupine outside the entrance to Machine Commune in Denver after you first go there and leave)
- Golden Toaster
- The Provost: (Found in locked in a cell in the Warren tunnels under the Bizarre )
As a side note, you can also get various Animal Whisperer perks that will add further bonuses to your companions. We’ve listed a quick summary of each perk below.
- Animal Training: Gives your animal companions bonuses to their CON (health).
- Spirit Animal: Makes it so your animal companions provide you with better passive buffs (highly recommend grabbing this one due to this.)
- Vengeful Bond: Makes it so if your animal companion’s health drops to 25% you gain +50% critical chance and +2 Ap (We also highly recommended to get this perk as your little buggers will die a lot.)
That’s everything we have for you regarding animal companions in Wasteland 3, so why don’t you check out some of our other guides, all of which will be listed down below.